Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all clerical and administrative functions necessary for successful operation of the office. They will efficiently and effectively assist designated personnel in all administrative duties, as assigned.
- Time Management, Problem Solving, Coordination, and Planning Proficient: Proficiently, accurately, and successfully prioritizing, coordinating and planning tasks, projects, events, meetings, scheduling, and anything else that may be required.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates Support of Managers: Respectfully meeting the demands of and completing the tasks and projects for superiors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for managers and office staff
- Responsible for receiving and distributing mail, and responding to routine correspondence
- Conduct job setup, billing, receivable, and payable functions as assigned
- Assist in compiling contracts, proposals, and job packets
- Accomplish responsibilities as required using company business software, currently and specifically to include (but not limited to and subject to change): Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Ceridian, Astea v15, Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Teams, Bluebeam Revu
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Enter and process receivable checks in Dynamics AX and Cashpro
- Enter and process receivable credit card payments same day, and email customer receipt
- Assist with project, customer, and vendor prequalification paperwork, to be completed within 48 hours of any request, unless given a shorter deadline on a per project basis
- Complete lien waivers when project payments are received, or with monthly billings as conditional waivers
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and required
- Field calls from potential customers and record all contact info if the applicable department is not available. Relay information same day.
- Backup on phones (among rest of administrative team) for receptionist when receptionist is on a call or away from desk
- Request certificates of insurance from insurance agent within 24 hours of request (internally or from customer)
- Understanding of OCIP/CCIP insurance requirements and completing customer cost deduct forms at start of projects when applicable.
- Assist Office Manager with updating customer VMS compliance portals as applicable
- Assist with collections and following up with customers on open invoices, getting them whatever paperwork they need from us for them to timely process our invoices
- Assist in resolving outstanding customer debts by means of phone and email communication with customers
- 24-hour turnaround (maximum) on job setup requests
- Project billings completed no later than the required project specific deadlines of 15th, 20th, or 25th of each month for all assigned projects
- Must be familiar with AIA construction billing formats
- Must familiarize self with customer billing portals and customer specific billing requirements and accompany monthly billings will all of customers’ required reporting, as required
- Assist with all paperwork as needed.
- Notarize signatures
- High School diploma or GED; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training is preferred
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in certified payroll & able to run reports
- Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering phones, or dealing with other associates
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen and background check
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Exemption Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (40 per week, including breaks and lunch)
Direct Supervisor: Office Manager
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor