If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Entry-Level Environmental Engineer in our remediation and wastewater engineering practice in Chicago or Oak Brook, Illinois office, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations related to contaminated site remediation, industrial stormwater and wastewater treatment, and process engineering design for a diverse national private and public sector client base, while also learning and expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position may include:
- Managing tasks and projects, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Providing contamination remediation assessment services, such as designing and implementing pilot test designs and bench scale testing programs;
- Evaluating chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Cost estimation, design calculations, and implementation for groundwater and soil remedies and industrial stormwater and wastewater treatment systems;
- Conducting fieldwork such as soil, surface water, soil vapor, and groundwater sampling, contractor oversight, and industrial water treatment system and groundwater remediation treatment system operation and maintenance; and
- Data analysis and preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (chemical, civil or environmental) or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering (environmental) or related field. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. (preferred)
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in environmental consulting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to environmental remediation or wastewater treatment and discharge. (valuable)
- Experience with overseeing construction work such as plumbing, electrical, structural, geotechnical, or mechanical equipment. (valuable)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related software; AutoCAD and/or GIS. (preferred)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for hard working individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits