Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Visit us at Fire Protection Company | Western States Fire Protection (wsfp.com) to learn more!
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Protection Project Manager and Designer (Entry Level)
This individual will design, coordinate, and project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using 3D computer design software. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. This person will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and maintain strong communication and relationships with General Contractors, building owners and customers.
- Project Manage and Design all types of fire sprinkler systems, including both new construction and existing building remodels
- Design and coordinate systems using AutoSPRINK, Navisworks and Revit 3D design software.
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Conduct project planning and scheduling
- Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
- Directly manage field labor force of assigned project to assure maximum productivity
- Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
- Identify & negotiate changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements in a timely manner
- Prepare and monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
- Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Communicate with owner and general contractor about progress and any necessary modifications required
- Engineering (ME, EE, IE, CE) or Construction Management degree or applicable other degree from a technical school or college preferred, but not required.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Basic construction knowledge
- Self-motivated individual
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel overnight in some cases, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000 per year, depending on experience.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor