Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Visit us at Fire Protection Company | Western States Fire Protection (wsfp.com) to learn more!
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Lead Fire Protection Project Manager and Designer
This position is responsible for planning, directing and helping build the Fort Collins design team, as well as performing a wide variety of duties required to maintain the efficient, day to day operations of the department within the office. The Lead Project Manager / Designer should be a self-starter possessing time management, scheduling, sales, staff management and leadership skills and experience. This individual will both perform and oversee the performance of design, coordination, and project management for fire sprinkler systems in the Fort Collins office location.
The Fire Protection Project Manager holds overall management responsibility for all aspects of fire protection construction projects from conception through systems functioning as intended. He/she will oversee or conduct scheduling, planning, actual construction, expediting, inspection, quality control, and total delivery of the project according to established criteria. He/she is responsible for tracking, forecasting, and communicating all costs, profits, and financial measures of the project. Through coordination with the site superintendent, this person will organize and manage all the elements involved in construction - labor, temporary and permanent materials, equipment, supplies, utilities, and time.
- Project Manage and Design all types of fire sprinkler systems, including both new construction and existing building remodels
- Design and coordinate systems using AutoSPRINK, Navisworks and Revit 3D design software.
- Mentor and assist in training new designers and project managers in the Fort Collins Office
- Assist in the sales process as needed in determining system requirements, code analysis and storage analysis.
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Conduct project planning and scheduling
- Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
- Directly manage field labor force of assigned project to assure maximum productivity
- Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
- Identify & negotiate changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements in a timely manner
- Prepare and monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
- Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Communicate with owner and general contractor about progress and any necessary modifications required
- Engineering (ME, EE, IE, CE) or Construction Management degree or applicable other degree from a technical school or college is preferred
- Positive can-do attitude
- Extensive construction knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in design and project management of fire sprinkler systems.
- Nicet Level 2 or higher in water-based system layout preferred
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink (preferred), HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Self-motivated individual
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel overnight in some cases, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor