Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This individual will lead a group of 4-6 fire sprinkler designers by providing knowledge, support, and training. He or she will work closely with the Division Managers and Area Manager to schedule and coordinate design and scheduling. He or she will also be required to lead by example. There will also be opportunities for leadership training, project management, and sales/estimating.
- Support a group of 4-6 fire sprinkler designers by providing leadership and training.
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
- Coordinate with other trades using BIM/3D modeling.
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Manager functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other WSFP management personnel
- Must have a masters degree in Engineering Technology, Fire Safety & Explosion Protection, or a related field
- NICET II certification required
- 3 years experience working in Fire Protection as a Design or Project Manager
- Experience can be obtained prior to/or after completion of Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- BIM/3D Coordination experience
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen test and a background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor