DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
OCTOBER 22, 2021
Job Title: COMPLIANCE MONITOR I
Salary Range: $39,520 - $55,701
Location: VOUCHER PROGRAMS
Summary: Under general supervision, conducts staff administrative analytical, planning, and evaluative work. While such work does not require a specialized educational preparation, it does require a high degree of qualitative and/or quantitative analytical skills, the ability to research problems and issues, written and oral communication skills, and the application of mature judgement in problem solving.
The Compliance Monitor I, conducts internal reviews of programmatic areas and non-programmatic areas, analyzes results, makes recommendations, and drafts reports. Provides technical assistance and training to program staff as directed. Completes special projects, analyzes DHA programs and operations for compliance with applicable regulations and DHA procedures. This is a non-supervisory position.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. The Compliance Monitor I may not be required to perform all duties listed, or may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties. DHA reserves the right to revise job functions as necessary.
- Review, evaluate, and monitor programmatic areas, including but not limited to, the Housing Voucher Programs (Voucher Programs Department) and the Public Housing Programs (including housing tax credit and multifamily 50059 property regulations), for compliance with applicable administrative regulations and procedures, as assigned by supervisor; use and apply published reference manuals and procedures
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to assess the performance of programmatic areas; review client files for errors, evaluate processes, and compile results
- Assist in reviewing non-programmatic administration and supportive areas for compliance with regulations and procedures, as well as grant and contractual obligations
- Assist in certification of DHA compliance for the annual Section 3, SEMAP, and/or PHAS reports to HUD
- Assist with special studies as required to detect fraud, waste, and abuse
- Monitor data such as Enterprise Income Verification; research and analyze technical transactions to resolve discrepancies and validate data
- Prepare reports as directed by supervisor; including procedural recommendations to local managers
- Provide technical assistance and training as necessary to program staff, to enhance overall program performance
- Submit monthly activity reports and any reports at other intervals as requested
- Respond to requests for information, including providing technical assistance and recommending solutions
- Support the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff
- Enthusiastically promote the President/CEO’s vision, mission, core values, and priorities Perform other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of DHA’s mission, functions, and organization
- Working knowledge of administrative regulations and procedures affecting public housing authorities in general and DHA specifically
- Working knowledge of enterprise risk management principles, work flow analysis, and standard for internal control
- Working knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management
- Skill in business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications
- Skill in research, reviewing principles, and applying standards
- Skill in reviewing and analyzing administrative, operational, financial, and accounting information systems
- Skill in reviewing and performing mathematical calculations
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize work, operate under pressure of deadlines, and maintain cooperative working relationships with other professionals
- Ability to identify and resolve issues of a procedural nature
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field; AND at least five years of housing, operations analysis, business, or accounting work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in the various assisted housing programs is preferred. Valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.