DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
JUNE 9, 2021
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF CAPITAL PROGRAMS
SALARY RANGE: NEGOTIABLE
Summary: Under general supervision, manages and directs the planning and execution of various projects including the development of public and affordable housing projects, development and administrative oversight of mixed-finance housing development projects and preparation of budgets and timelines for submission in funding proposals for construction projects.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Oversees planning and execution of the construction portion of the DHA capital fund program and extraordinary maintenance projects for all DHA owned and operated properties.
- Develops and implements budget and construction schedules for grant-funded developments.
- Ensures that plans and specifications are prepared, advertising and bid submittal deadlines are met; evaluates bids, awards contracts under $100,000 and monitors construction work.
- Represents the interests of DHA in working with architects and engineers to produce plans and specifications for construction and renovation projects related to DHA properties.
- Monitors all construction activity to ensure that construction is in compliance with specifications.
- Develops and implements schedules to ensure that all funds are encumbered within the guidelines of the program or grant.
- Plans, manages and directs the daily activities of development and inspection staff; screens and assigns workload; plans, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; trains and coaches staff; monitors work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance.
- Ensures timely submission of reports.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of HUD and Federal regulations, building codes and ADA accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of personnel rules and budgeting systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge of business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Skill in planning, designing, and reviewing a variety of construction/renovation projects.
- Skill in interpreting oral, written, technical information and data dealing with complex variables to identify, analyze and solve construction/development problems.
- Skill in leadership, coordinating staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in reviewing and performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other DHA staff.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field; AND three (3) years of management-level experience with direct responsibility for planning and development of housing or construction related activities; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Texas State Driver’s License required.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Explanation of Hiring Process:
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com.
No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.