Job Title – Mechanical Quality Control Representative
Location – Various domestic locations
Resumes will be reviewed continuously.
Caddell Construction has been awarded a large government contract in the Southeast United States and is seeking experienced quality control staff for immediate hire.
Rewards of Working at Caddell – Paid vacations, company paid holidays, company joint funding of medical, dental, life and disability plans to full-time employees, 401k, gym membership reimbursement, and use of company condominiums are just a few.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for contract compliance and the administration and implementation of the quality control system as described in the Caddell Quality Control Manual for the assigned discipline. Identifies quality control problems and recommends, initiates and provides solutions to the problems and ensures no concealment of deficiencies.
- Identifies quality control problems for assigned discipline and recommends, initiates and provides solutions to the problems.
- Performs inspections and witnesses tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work.
- Assists in maintaining correct and accurate work performance records, inspection records and other related items.
- Assists in preparation/implementation of quality control procedures, i.e., inspection instructions, control measuring and test equipment, etc.
- Assists in reviewing purchase documents to insure compliance with quality control requirements.
- Exercises authority to halt concealment of nonconforming work and activities.
- Participates in internal/external quality control audits.
- Performs additional assignments per quality control manager's direction.
- Reviews material submittals for contract compliance; upon arrival verifies the accuracy of material and ensures timely delivery to meet project schedule.
- Working Conditions – Construction setting, travel required, full time. Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others. Subject to hot, cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.
- Reporting Structure – Project Manager
What We Expect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Thorough knowledge of code and regulations. Ability to read and interpret drawings and specs. Thorough working knowledge of construction disciplines and phases of construction. Good written and verbal communication skills. Good client relations skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education / Experience - Minimum high school diploma/GED and five years' experience in the quality control or project management required. Graduate Mechanical Engineer with 4 years' related experience in the type of work being performed or a construction manager/engineering technician with an ICC certification as a Commercial Mechanical inspector with 5 years' of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: - (Should be able to submit certifications upon request and obtain a medical clearance before deployment) Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, a Department of Defense minimum secret security clearance required. U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance required. Up-to-date Construction Quality Control Management for Contractors (CQMC) certificate is also preferred.
Your career matters at Caddell, where there is a strong emphasis on the growth and development of every employee! We’re large enough to take on the most complex construction projects, but we know the contribution of each individual is the key to our success.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Caddell Construction Co., LLC is a Federal Contractor. Under Federal regulations, Federal Contractors are required to comply with requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination mandates. While those requirements are currently stayed, if they were to again go into effect, any individual considered for this position would be required to provide proof of full vaccination status. Failure to comply will result in Caddell rescinding any offer of employment. Full vaccination status is two weeks post the two-dose inoculation (Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). There is an opportunity to request an exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical reasons or religious beliefs, subject to Caddell's interactive process under the ADA/ADAAA.