PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spend, 401k, ESPP
- PTO & Paid Holidays
Office assistant needed for construction company. Ideal applicant will be friendly, reliable, punctual, and can multitask in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. Should have excellent communication skills and be able to assist customers in professional and courteous manner. Will also support office manager and team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers office phone and gives information to caller or transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for collections for each account; applies standard due diligence practice to collect monies owed and maintains collections notes in accounting system.
- Reconciles credit card payments.
- Responsible for weekly payroll entry for branch.
- Accurately prepares and invoices service and inspection customers per the requirements of the job and the customer to ensure the customers preferred billing procedures are followed. May possibly include credit and rebills, if necessary.
- Assist the Service & Inspection Department with job creation, service proposals, inspection contract renewals and scheduling.
- Performs other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Requires exceptional oral, telephone and written communication skills and organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently despite numerous interruptions.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Must have exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently with little supervision.
- Must be flexible, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to take on additional responsibilities and advance quickly within the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in an office/administrative setting
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, including use of a computer operated phone system
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required
- Notary Public a plus but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan and fax
- May require light lifting of storage boxes and packages to be mailed
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran