HEI Civil is a full-service civil construction source headquartered in Castle Rock, Colorado. We offer a full range of construction services, including heavy civil highway construction, commercial, residential, oil field, site development, dams and reservoirs, parks, and golf courses.
We are looking for a highly motivated CDL Driver to add to our team. The successful candidate will have great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle.
• Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
• Pick-up and safely transport heavy equipment to the intended destination.
• Ensure contents are properly secured in a truck, flatbed to prevent damage/injury.
• Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries.
• Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery.
• Confirm that the contents of each shipment load match the manifest document.
• Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
• Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
• Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
• Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
• Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
• Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
• Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs. Track and report working hours.
• Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions.
• Comply with DOT regulations and adhere to company rules and regulations.
• Make safety a priority at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required.
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles.
- Alert, focused, and detail oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Comfortable with long-haul transport.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
- Map reading and route planning experience.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful.
Job Type: Full-time, Nonexempt
Hourly Rate: $22.00 to $26.00 per hour, Based on Experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid sick leave, 401k