APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor. This position requires a team player with an analytical mindset, great people-skills, and a positive and ambitious attitude who will engage with our businesses and is genuinely excited about problem solving in a dynamic business environment.
You will be responsible for performing our internal audit processes that are necessary and appropriate as a US publicly listed company on the NYSE. You will work with our co-sourced partner focusing on improving and maintaining our SOX internal control framework, including the design, documentation, and related testing. You will also assist and help manage our risked-based audit approach that ensures continued regulatory compliance and improves our operational effectiveness through process reviews. The main responsibilities for the position are:
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the risk and control matrix for the Company’s internal control structure.
- Provide added value insight and process improvement to drive efficiency and consistency across the business units.
- Identify practical remediation plans jointly with management. Perform follow-up procedures to monitor remediation status and work with management in an advisory capacity until appropriately resolved.
- Work closely with control owners to ensure completion of process documentation and control testing requirements.
- Advise control owners on how to identify risks, strengthen controls and streamline processes.
- Execute audit projects across the business units from risk assessment to remediation validation.
- Effectively use data analytics and automation to expand audit coverage and gain efficiencies.
- Coach and develop staff, including participating in the recruiting and new hire processes.
- Deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment to achieve operational excellence.
- Assist with special projects as requested by the Audit Committee and/or Management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field and 3+ years of audit or similar experience in Big 4 public accounting experience appreciated
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and COSO Internal Control framework Experience and understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit Standards for the Professional Practice of Auditing and control frameworks such as COSO
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and written communication skills
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA or similar, preferred
- Experience in utilizing data analysis tools to perform audit work is preferred
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness, preferred
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) 10-20%
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.