Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This position is responsible for assisting in the completion of accounting and financial reporting to support the Finance & Accounting Department to ensure that on-going reporting requirements are met with a high standard of excellence. This position is also responsible for job setup, processing daily production, the tracking of unbilled revenue, invoicing customers timely and accurately, reconciling customer payments and integrity of accounts receivable records.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Review, and post work-in-progress revenue journal entries to the general ledger, ensuring recognition of revenue is supported with proper documentation
- Act as lead for job setup (creation and coding of new job #s in our accounting software, Spectrum)
- Update/maintain pricing tables (used for unit-based billing) in our accounting software
- Generate customer invoices in accordance with contract requirements and internal SOX controls
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets to reconcile billing and payment discrepancies
- Ensure unbilled revenue is reported properly with required field documentation and support
- File all revenue reporting and invoicing with proper supporting documents
- Work with field personnel and customers to resolve billing discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Associate degree and 2+ years of related experience or bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Experience with Spectrum or other enterprise accounting software a plus
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various financial data and have a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Effective, oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and be computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel – ability to work with pivot tables, formulas such as V-lookups
- Organized, detail oriented with reconciliation skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and prioritize duties as well as on team projects
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.