Fire Protection Project Manager and Designer
Delta Fire Systems is a subsidiary of Western States Fire Protection. Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This individual will design, coordinate, and project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. This person will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems.
This job is located in Boise, ID. Must be willing to relocate if outside of this area.
• Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
• Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
• Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
• Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
• Perform hydraulic calculations
• Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
• Maintain design historical records and historical records for all functions for future use
• Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
• Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
• Conduct long range project planning and scheduling
• Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
• Directly manage field labor force of assigned project to assure maximum productivity
• Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
• Ensure proper staffing is in place on each project
• Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements
• Make sure change orders/change estimates are completed in timely manner
• Monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
• Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
• Assist/lead during field check stage of the project
• Forecast future manpower requirements
• Oversee work of subcontractors
• Ensure work complies with codes and permits
• Administer construction contracts, approve work quality and payment requests
• Report to owner and general contractor about progress and any necessary modifications required
• Recommend improvements in project management procedures and overall company business practices
• Construction Management degree or applicable other degree from a technical school or college
• NICET certification required. Either “In Training”, or NICET Level I, II, III, or IV certified.
• Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
• Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
• Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of fire sprinkler design and project management experience
• Supervisory experience is a plus
• Three years experience in commercial, industrial, and residential design is required
• Detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
• Willing to coordinate and work well with others
• Possess excellent communication skills-written and verbal
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor