PROVIDING RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ALL FIRE PROTECTION NEEDS SINCE 1990.
International Fire Protection (IFP) is an Alabama-based values driven fire suppression company. We have charted our history and legacy on our purpose of building meaningful relationships while making the world a safer place. Therefore, LIFE SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS, as such, we promise to be the trusted leader in fire protection, delivering the highest quality life safety solutions with commitment to customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Take care of each other!
- Take care of our customers!
- Strive for excellence (being a little better tomorrow that we are today)!
- Be focused (no distractions)!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spend, 401k, ESPP
- PTO & Paid Holidays
International Fire Protection (IFP) is looking for a Talent Leader to act as a change agent and resource to assist International Fire Protection, Inc. on its journey to create a world-class employee experience. This experience will include an employee’s recruitment, onboarding, retention, and engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Act as a resource on talent acquisition and provide advice to corporate and branch offices to help them improve their success in hiring exceptional talent.
- Collaborate with company leaders to develop new and creative recruiting strategies that will serve to differentiate us from other organizations.
- Lead the identification of “schools of choice” and other areas of opportunity; where IFP can have a consistent recruiting presence, demonstrating to candidates the opportunities at International Fire Protection and APi Group.
- Lead the efforts to develop an internship program as a component to IFP’s recruiting strategy.
- Create a career fair toolkit to ensure best in class appearance and results; participate at career fairs as appropriate.
- Collaborate with APi Group’s Talent Acquisition and Retention Leader, Talent Magnet Think Tank, recruiting, hiring and marketing professionals throughout the APi Group of Companies to take advantage of best practices that will improve our recruiting and brand awareness.
- Develop and implement a robust, best in class onboarding program for new employees of International Fire Protection. The program should be driven by technology, highly engaging, interactive, and rich, ensuring a successful and satisfying experience for each employee as they transition into International Fire Protection. The program should include immersing the new employee into the IFP “Way” (culture).
- Collaborate with APi Group’s Talent Acquisition and Retention Leader, Talent Magnet Think Tank, recruiting, hiring and marketing professionals throughout the APi Group of Companies to take advantage of best practices that will improve our onboarding program.
Talent Retention and Engagement:
- Develop the IFP brand for our employees. Leverage social media and technology to reach employees and create multiple points of contact for them with the company.
- Act as a resource on employee engagement and recognition and provide advice to corporate and branch offices to help them improve their success in these areas.
- Develop and implement a robust, best in class performance review process for employees of International Fire Protection. The program should be driven by technology, highly engaging, interactive, and rich, ensuring a successful and satisfying review experience for each employee and supervisor.
- Act as a resource on Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) and provide advice to corporate and branch offices to help them improve their success in this area.
- Create and administer a “Lived Values Program.”
- Maintain open communication, productive working relationships and an environment of cooperation among personnel in all areas of the organization.
- Participate as a member of APi Group’s Talent Magnet Think Tank.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both orally and written; clearly communicate information.
- Work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and capability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads.
- High standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Business acumen.
- Human resources capacity.
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Website navigation and use skills.
- Basic typing skills.
- Applicant tracking system experience.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in business administration, communications, human resource management or other related field and/or minimum of 5 years in talent recruitment or talent development career field. Preferred experience working with upper-level management.
- Ability to verbally communicate with all types of stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to provide presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Adobe Acrobat or Blue Beam
- Publisher (not required)
- SharePoint (not required)
- Adobe Acrobat or Blue Beam PDF Editor (not required)
- BirdDogHR Talent Software (not required)
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
Critical Thinking and Reasoning Skills:
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Requires travel during approximately 25% of work schedule.
- Requires sitting.
- Requires ability to move around an office environment.
- Requires telephone conversations.
- Requires use of electronic mail.
- Requires reading and creating letters, documents and memos.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, telephone, or otherwise).
- Requires being exact or highly accurate.
- Requires meeting strict deadlines.
- Requires work with others in a group or team.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate equipment noise levels.
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
International Fire Protection Inc. and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran