Beach Lake Sprinkler Fire Protection Services was founded in 1992 and is a well-rounded fire protection company with two offices: Beach Lake, PA and Brooksville, FL. We excel in new construction, renovation, retrofit, and service work for warehouse, distribution, pharmaceutical, hospital, nursing home, industrial, residential and retail markets.
The Shop Coordinator manages the delivery of tools and materials to the job sites, along with the maintenance and organization of the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate fabrication and material requirements for the construction and service departments
- Inventory management
- Schedule shop deliveries and pick-ups as needed to meet deadlines
- Track equipment and tools
- Maintain company vehicles
- Perform/coordinate building maintenance duties by self or outside contractors as needed
- Provide a safe working environment
- Keep tools in good operating condition
- Responsible for shipping and receiving
- May supervise apprentices working in the shop
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Good communication, organizational, reading and time management skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, Including Excel and Word
- Basic mechanical knowledge and attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in a shop setting a plus
- Welding experience a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid state Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self and up to 100 pounds assisted (with another person or mechanical assistance)
- Ability to climbs ladders up to 6 foot
- Ability to drive a fork-lift
- Shop environment with exposure to outside elements during all seasons
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran