W&M Sprinkler is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England area for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to contribute to the organization and growth of our young alarm and detection division. This person should take ownership and pride in assisting with the development of this division and its contribution to the company as a whole. The ability to maintain a strong work ethic and desire to succeed without micro-management is a must. This person will be a significant member of the team; performance will have a big impact on the division.
As contract sales / PM, you will pursue relationships with general contractors and electrical contractors to generate new installation sales opportunities. Build complete estimates for the installation of new fire alarm and special hazards systems. Provide complete proposals for job opportunities; follow up on proposals, and track / document results. Manage all job tasks to see a project through from sale to commissioning and sign off.
- Review all bid drawings and perform field surveys as necessary to build an estimate for a complete fire alarm system.
- Apply material and labor pricing to build a proposal for new fire alarm system.
- Follow up and track / document results on all estimates.
- Build budgets for new contract jobs.
- Oversee and coordinate all tasks for contract jobs from time of contract award to completion. Including:
- Understand and manage budget.
- Manage and review job design.
- Submit for and track permit status.
- Order, inventory, prepare, and stage materials.
- Coordinate labor according to job schedule.
- Track and accommodate on-going job schedules.
- Manage all job labor and subcontractors.
- Schedule testing and inspections.
- Follow through on close out documents.
- Maintain relationships with customers to both understand their needs and manage their expectations.
- Assist with billing.
- Assist with accounts receivables.
- Maintain relationships with office and field crews to clearly communicate needs, job progress, and manage expectations for new and existing jobs.
- Review job performances to assure future success.
- Excellent inter-personal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and ability to manage job budgets.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to learn about current and future products to be sold by the company.
- Strong commitment toward professionalism of delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret MEP drawings and product specifications.
- Commitment to safety.
- Ability to learn company software.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Previous experience working with fire alarm systems required.
- Previous experience working with special hazards fire suppression systems a bonus.
- NICET certifications or any other related certifications a bonus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Office, shop, and field environment.
- Will require organizing materials in company shop. Shop contains heavy equipment, various job materials, stairs, and vehicles loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- Field environment consists of active construction sites and finished customer spaces in a variety of industries.
- Must have ability to drive to all locations, stand, walk, and climb for extended periods of time and in various weather and job conditions.
- Job responsibilities may apply to both Hawthorne and Holbrook office locations.
- Work territory includes, but is no limited to, the tri-state area and lower Hudson valley.
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"