Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of customer accounts, jobs and billings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May open new service jobs in the system, or assist salesperson in opening, to ensure correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job and to receive a job number.
- Assists the salesperson in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Ensures all materials for the job are entered into the system to ensure the correct costing on each job.
- Maintains an accurate database, updating customer & collection information when needed
- Reviews and completes certified payroll for each job, when required.
- Accurately prepares and invoices customer per the requirements of the job and the customer to ensure the customers preferred billing procedures are followed. May possibly include credit and rebills, if necessary.
- Works closely with the customer concerning updates on the job, questions on invoices and/or the receiving of service calls and emergency calls, if needed.
- Works closely with the salesperson/project managers to make sure invoicing is being completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Scans and uploads all necessary documents into each customer folders/files within the electronic document storage system.
- Works with the collection department to ensure that outstanding bills have been accurately invoiced and all documentation is present.
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as taxes,discounts, interest, commissions, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED with an Associate’s Degree preferred
- One year in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is not required, but is a plus
- Experience with AIA billing and completing lien waivers not required, but is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required for this position
- Notary Public a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes or other light office items
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.