Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Metal Mechanic
Department: Omaha, NE
Reports to: Insulation Foreman
Management Role: Non-Manager
Salary Range: TBD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings, rain gutters, and down spouts, in supportive frameworks.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds in order to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws, and hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary.
- Shape metal material over anvils, blocks, or other forms, using hand tools.
- Develop and lay out patterns that use materials most efficiently, using computerized metalworking equipment to experiment with different layouts.
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications and building codes, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers.
- Secure metal roof panels in place, then interlock and fasten grooved panel edges.
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation, and anchor the units.
- Convert blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction and assembly of sheet metal products.
- Fasten roof panel edges and machine-made molding to structures, nailing or welding pieces into place.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 to 3 related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Up to 50 pounds.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Often
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment is primarily construction-site based and may involve traveling between various geographic locations or projects. Employee will be required to wear personal protective clothing including but not limited to ear protection, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, and reflective gear. The employee will frequently be on active construction sites involving heavy machinery, cranes, and other vehicles. Work will involve occasional to frequent exposure to high places, confined spaces, noise, and weather elements.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.