Farrell Roofing, a national commercial roofing company with a location in Dunkirk, NY, has an opening for a Sheet Metal Estimator.
Farrell Roofing has been a family owned and operated business since 1946. We pride ourselves on our industry leading safety standards, uncompromising quality, long term thinking, and team-oriented culture. We combined old fashioned experience with cutting edge technology to grow our business and delight our customers. With 350 team members executing over $60 million in roofing, we are one of the region’s largest contractors with plans to keep growing.
What you can expect from us:
- To be challenged and supported in the direction of your potential
- To be treated with respect and fairness
- The opportunity to speak your mind and be listened to
- Accountability focused on output/quality of work
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Reading plan specifications to understand project requirements
- Completing submittal requirements according to architectural specifications
- Generating cost estimates for sheet metal roofing and HVAC projects
- Submitting As-Built drawings as required by project contracts
The Ideal Candidate For This Role Is Someone Who:
- Is teachable with the ability to learn systems and adjust to new processes
- Is detail-oriented with an aptitude for doing things right the first time
- Is reliable and is committed to completing their work on-time
- Is flexible with experience managing tight deadlines and multiple high-priority projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with PlanSwift preferred
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be predominantly working in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Primarily desk work which includes the following physical demands: occasional lifting up to 25 pounds, standing, working at counter height, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching and coordinated use of fingers, hands, and arms
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States