Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings IPERS and/or 403b (with generous company match)
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident
This position is responsible connecting families and individuals that are experience homelessness to community resources and housing using a housing first approach. The case manager works with each household to develop housing stabilization plans to identify housing and other financial and community supports. The case manager is also responsible for building relationships with landlords and other community partners to ensure homeless households have quick access to housing and other resources.
Wage and Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm; $23.14 per hour.
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities and tasks include a wide range of community networking activities to assist homeless households, including those chronically homeless and families, who are at risk of losing their housing and/or who are homeless and in need of securing traditional, permanent housing.
- Maintains precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including housing placement documentation, community referrals, community networking activities in the correct database.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Housing Program Manuals (CoC, ESG HACAP policies and procedures)
- Work with supervisor and compliance staff on turning in all required case management and housing stabilization documentation
- Assists participants with completing applications for benefits, employment, social security, and other mainstream resources.
- Advocates for needed services and assist landlords in helping clients meet the obligations of the tenancy.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with community resources; attends and participates in an appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings.
- Work with the assigned caseload to assist individuals in maintaining and obtaining permanent housing.
- Conduct meetings at a time convenient for participants. This will include both daytime and evening weekday hours.
- Work with area landlords to find affordable housing for program participants.
- Attend case conferencing and all other meetings required by the Regional Housing Director and other teammates.
- Perform outreach activities and assist with program enrollment and applications if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Housing Director.
- Position may cover up to 3 counties in Eastern Iowa depending on service needs. Daily travel will be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TARGETED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social service field of study and 2 years of experience
- 7 years of work experience in the homeless services field
- Working knowledge of community resources as they relate to homelessness, mental health/substance abuse, and affordable housing.
- Knowledge of homeless services and affordable housing providers in an assigned service area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Reliable transportation for on-the-job use.