A Golf Construction Laborer works as directed by the Crew Lead or Project Superintendent. Work may include but is not limited to: the use of hand tools, shoveling, raking, drainage, irrigation, feature construction and other general labor work on project crews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Level ground and prepare for sod
- Lay sod
- Dig holes for irrigation
- Cut pipe
- Locate utilities
- Level grades
- Digging/pounding stakes
- Placing erosion control materials.
- Assists in pouring and finishing concrete.
- Backfills trenches with soil or other materials.
- Works closely with other crew members using hand signals to coordinate work and ensure safety while working around equipment.
- Keeps equipment clean and in working order and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
- Follows Crew Lead’s instructions closely.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Construction understanding and knowledge.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work are required.