Bartingale Mechanical is seeking a team-oriented, detailed, and collaborative individual to fill our Building Automation Installation Technician position. The ideal candidate is looking to work with the leading Plumbing and HVAC contractor in the region, building relationships, interacting with customers, and providing RFP information to help develop and grow our client base. This person has initiative, self-discipline, and a strong work ethic – and this role provides an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their career with Bartingale Mechanical. This is a union position.
Building Automation Installation Technician position is responsible for implementation of quality building automation control practices utilizing technical proficiency developed through formal training, experience, and execution of assigned tasks. Adherence to company standards with dedication to performance, quality, punctuality, and customer satisfaction are required.
- 2-year Associate Degree (HVAC/Mechanical or Electrical)
- OR 1-year Technical Diploma (HVAC/Mechanical or Electrical)
- OR equivalent work experience
- Experience with HVAC Temperature Controls Installation preferred
- Experience with Distech Controls is preferred
- Clean Driving Record
- Preferred Skills
- Applicant must be detail oriented
- Basic Low Voltage circuits and wiring principals
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word, Teams
- Basic Customer Service skills
- Basic verbal and written Communication skills
- Basic knowledge of electrical and construction safety practices and requirements
- Information Technology (networking)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty to an acceptable level.
- Assemble temperature control panels
- Installation of HVAC temperature controls to include:
- Control Panels
- Control Wiring
- Control Devices
- Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT)
- Manage materials necessary to complete assigned projects
- Proficiency with electrical principals and safety in high and low voltage applications
- Maintain accurate system installation checkout and as-built documentation
- Assist the onsite project lead for systems checkout, commissioning, and closeout
- Basic knowledge of information technology networking
- Provide basic assessment of project status and report progress to the team
- Develop and maintain positive co-worker and customer relationships
- Be involved in the team effort of constant process evaluation and improvement
- Be scheduled for on-call rotation for after-hours service calls
- Other duties as assigned
Bartingale Mechanical is one of the premiere Plumbing & HVAC contractors in Wisconsin. Our business is headquartered in Eau Claire and serves most of Western Wisconsin.
Our mission is to provide top quality plumbing, HVAC, and temperature control services to residential and commercial customers. We pride ourselves in working for the best customers in Wisconsin, who call us for all their mechanical projects. We provide top notch air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and building automation services utilizing the best tools and products available on the market.
REQ # 2021-12-JA-89