APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our Compliance & Accounting Resources team. This team is newly formed to provide compliance and accounting services for three APi entities that have been merged as of January 1, 2022.
This is a remote position, but the ideal candidate would be located in Colorado.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and is responsible for overseeing accurate accounting within 80+ balance sheet accounts. Areas of focus will initially include cash, accounts receivable, payroll/benefits, and fixed assets, with the potential to eventually expand into other areas of the balance sheet. This role would work closely with the Controller to generate and organize the month-end close process for this brand-new entity. Two of the three merged entities have not previously been subject to SOX requirements, so the Senior Accountant would assist these entities in becoming SOX compliant with their balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Previous experience with balance sheet reconciliations and a standard month-end close process
- Previous exposure to SOX (either designing or testing controls)
- Willingness to take ownership for understanding processes and developing best practices from scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to adapt to technology to streamline work and find efficiencies
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Proactive, independent, and resourceful
- Willingness to suggest new processes to be more effective
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Places a high value on honesty and integrity in one’s work
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferred but not required
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
The salary range for this position is $70-90k per year, depending on experience.
All qualified applicants with APi Group & Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor