Albaugh, LLC is the largest privately-owned provider of post-patent crop protection products in the United States, focused on delivering excellent value to our customers through a constantly expanding product portfolio, and providing high quality formulations and customer service. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility strategically located in St. Joseph, MO, allows for convenient and efficient distribution to our customers nationwide. In addition, our growth and continuous improvement efforts have resulted in the expansion of our manufacturing capabilities for herbicides, fungicides and insecticides. Developing and manufacturing alternative solutions for farmers while providing a high level of quality and performance at an economical value remains a core focus. Protecting our environment while adhering to safety standards is a continuing commitment of Albaugh.
1. Construct, test, maintain, and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, steam, and mechanical equipment/control systems.
2. Construct, test, maintain, and repair electrical/electronic equipment, instruments, control systems, motor controls, lighting, and branch circuits.
3. Consult manuals, schematics, drawings, and operating personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and to determine optimum equipment functioning.
4. Welding for repair and fabrication.
5. Prepare and maintain records detailing tests, repairs, requests and preventive maintenance.
6. Repair, replace, and clean equipment and components.
7. Assist with training on proper installation and troubleshooting techniques for maintenance staff.
8. Must be qualified to wear a respirator.
9. Notify facility personnel of equipment shutdowns.
10. Must be willing to work at elevations of up to 50 feet in a boom lift, scissor lift, or on top of a structure.
11. Must be willing to work in confined spaces such as inside or beneath tanks or reactors.
12. Embrace site safety culture as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
13. Vision – must demonstrate ability to identify primary and secondary colors on a standard color wheel.
14. Essential Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is asked to sit, stand and /or walk on wet or dusty surfaces. Must be able to reach overhead, reach across midline, work with and/or handle hand, power, and pneumatic tools, as well as welding equipment. Must be able to grasp, pinch and perform fine manipulation work with hands. Must be able to kneel, squat/crouch, balance, bend and stoop at the waist while performing various work tasks. Must be able to climb and descend stairs, ladders and work in awkward positions. Must be able to work in close quarters, and in proximity to moving mechanical parts. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds from floor to waist, 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height, and lift or move 30 pounds from floor to an overhead position. Occasionally an employee may have to lift/slide 100 pounds from the pump set up to a cart or floor to pump pad position.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Troubleshooting. Determine causes of operating errors and course of action to reach resolution.
2. Understand/Interpret National Electrical Codes. Ability to size wiring and wireways for new installations or modification of existing installations.
3. Understand/Interpret NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace and PPE requirements.
4. Installation of EMT, rigid, plastic conduits and associated wiring devices.
5. Understand/Interpret PLC ladder logic and field wiring (Allen Bradley, ABB).
6. Understand programming and operation of variable frequency drives (Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Telemechanique, Pumpsmart, and ABB).
7. Repairing and maintaining equipment. Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate on the basis of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical or electrical principles.
8. Understand/Interpret maintenance and troubleshooting manuals.
9. Understand operation of pneumatic valves/actuators, centrifugal pumps, vane pumps, peristaltic pumps, diaphragm pumps, and gear pumps.
10. Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates. Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
11. Documenting/Recording Information. Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
12. Problem Solving. Probes fruitful sources for answers. Sees hidden problems.
13. Maintain a safe and productive working environment. Good housekeeping.
14. Education: High school diploma or GED, Technical Degree/Certification with 3 years experience as a Maintenance Electrician.
The selected person for this job will report directly to the Controls Engineer.
A great benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental coverage
- STD, LTD and accident coverage
- 401(k) plan subject to eligibility and vesting schedule, with employer contributions
- 9 paid holidays
Community involvement – Feel good being a part of an organization that cares about the communities around them;
- Stability – since its founding in 1979, Albaugh has grown through continuous improvement and reinvestment in the organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review. Albaugh. LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.