Albaugh, LLC is the largest privately-owned provider of post-patent crop protection products in the United States, focused on delivering excellent value to our customers through a constantly expanding product portfolio, and providing high quality formulations and customer service. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility strategically located in St. Joseph, MO, allows for convenient and efficient distribution to our customers nationwide. In addition, our growth and continuous improvement efforts have resulted in the expansion of our manufacturing capabilities for herbicides, fungicides and insecticides. Developing and manufacturing alternative solutions for farmers while providing a high level of quality and performance at an economical value remains a core focus. Protecting our environment while adhering to safety standards is a continuing commitment of Albaugh.
The Packaging assistant is the front-line employee who performs manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the final product. Duties may include operating machinery and packaging the final product.
High School Diploma or GED
- Ensures a safe working environment for self and others while performing assigned tasks
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess mathematical skills.
- Forklift experience preferred or willing to be trained for certification
- Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing or industrial facility, formulations and/or packaging
Essential Physical Requirements:
While working in a manufacturing environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves and protective footwear. At times, you may also be required to wear hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. The ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Overtime work may be required based on business needs.
A great benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental coverage
- STD, LTD and accident coverage
- 401(k) plan subject to eligibility and vesting schedule, with employer contributions
- 9 paid holidays
Community involvement – Feel good being a part of an organization that cares about the communities around them;
- Stability – since its founding in 1979, Albaugh has grown through continuous improvement and reinvestment in the organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review. Albaugh. LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.