Electrical Mechanical Technician (Advanced)
Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
The Electrical Mechanical Technician (Advanced) is responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This position is full-time, hourly position; typical hours are M-F, 7am-4pm with some on-call requirements. This technician role will be able to provide detailed servicing/rebuilding of critical equipment and instrumentation. Continuous operation requires shift work, overtime, and ability to meet call-in requirements. Electrical troubleshooting, repair or replacement of controls, motors, valves, etc., plus perform vehicle scheduled maintenance repairs during service. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to; mechanical, basic electrical maintenance, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines. Remove, install, rebuild, weld, torch, lubricate and clean all equipment associated with plant processes including centrifuges and oil separators. Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as directed and work with other departments to accomplish all tasks in a timely and safe manner. Utilize and support the use of the computerized maintenance system. Discuss any problems with maintenance manager and work with him/her on daily tasks. Learn the plant process for a better understanding of how the equipment is utilized. Complete any and all tasks assigned by Maintenance Manager. Maintain a team environment with other plant departments. Champion Dakota Ethanol, LLC in the community. Safe work practices are a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA and safety requirements. Take appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others in building.
What you need to have!
- Experience with fabrication, welding, cutting, gearbox repair, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventative maintenance, and instrument and electrical work. PLC diagnostic experience helpful. Precision rebuilding experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, technical skills, including knowledge of how to use appropriate tools, supplies, and equipment including but not limited to voltage meters, meggers and amp meters.
- Ability to perform basic arc, MIG and or TIG welding skills.
- Ability to use precise measurement tools including but not limited to laser alignment, calipers, dial indicators and vibration analysis tools would be beneficial.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and schematics.
- Capable of operating scissor lift, JLG lift, forklift, sky track, front end loader, track mobile and bobcat.
Must be able to: Manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 60 lbs., work at heights, and meet call-in requirements as needed. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers a competitive salary and a NEW HIRE BONUS + benefits - health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us in Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY