Mears Group, a Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This position is responsible for providing accounting and financial reporting support to the Mears Group portfolio Accounting Manager to ensure ongoing financial accounting and reporting requirements are met with a high standard of excellence.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly required reports and analyses.
- Review Accounts Payable Invoices for use tax and assign as necessary.
- Process new vendor setup for all divisions.
- Prepare Workers Compensation monthly reporting and submit returns.
- Prepare local income tax returns and assist in license applications as necessary.
- Prepare quarterly and annual incentive calculations.
- Responsible for accurate and timely weekly and month-end closing duties, including job cost analysis, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations. Maintain electronic month end closing files.
- Research and reconcile discrepancies within the general ledger.
- Prepare other financial analysis and assist with special projects as necessary.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training.
- Defined career path for future growth.
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan.
What is Required?
- Accounting degree and 2-4 years accounting experience.
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively with differing levels and departments.
- Strong written communication and customer service orientation.
- Able to research and analyze various financial data and have a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and committed to following through on projects.
- Good problem-solving skills including trouble-shooting and resolving issues with processes, reports etc.
- Strong PC skills including Excel.