Position Title: Clinical Director - RN (No Holidays, No on call, No weekends, Excellent benefits, work from home)
Department: Care Management
Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
Provide leadership and ensure quality outcomes of supports coordinators for participants. Provide direct clinical supervision to assigned Supports Coordinators. Oversee the monitoring and documentation of compliance with federal, state, and local governmental and agency requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Development and oversight of services provided to participants through collaborative team approach.
2. Oversee development of Person-Centered Service Plans, level of care determination, linking to appropriate resources, service delivery and service follow-up to assure quality services.
3. Provide supervisory responsibility in accordance with CareWell Services policies and procedures.
4. Provide leadership to staff to encourage inclusion of both natural and community supports and provide for desired services to help participants achieve desired goals.
5. Provide training and support to Support Coordinators regarding eligibility criteria for participants.
6. Collaborate with staff and service providers by guiding staff to think creatively, resolve conflict and prioritize participant’s needs, goals, and interests.
7. Collaborate with Quality team to ensure compliance with CQAR and AQAR standards; develop and implement training for Supports Coordinators as necessary.
8. Collaborate with Leadership team to solve operational problems and to improve services.
9. Supports the agency’s mission, vision, and its values.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have current Michigan RN license.
• At least five years of human services experience working with disabled and aging (60+) population.
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of Aging & Adult Services and MI Choice Waiver
• Knowledge of Medicaid eligibly requirements
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills
• Ability to lead by example in a professional and respectful manner
• Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Ability to communicate agency mission to clients and staff
• Ability to work well with and respond to questions from all levels of internal management and staff, as well as older adults, persons with disabilities, caregivers, providers, and members of the general public
• Ability to interpret regulations and standards to staff and vendors
• Able to define problems, collect and analyze data
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance with limited direction
• Capacity for strong organizational skills and ability to work on various projects at one time
• Capacity to operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer, using program applications appropriate to assigned duties
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. and software specific to the agency for data gathering and storage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Listening, hearing and speaking abilities required by this job include ability to communicate and exchange information adequate for conversation, information gathering, and telephone communication. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer for long periods of time. May be required to perform repetitive motions of the hands, fingers, and wrists to do data entry. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee may be required to negotiate entering and exiting various properties/locations (this may include properties with stairs and without accessible entrances/exits). Must be able to negotiate uneven terrain, stairs, and interiors of homes in various environments. The employee must travel in all kinds of weather and have reliable transportation, with the appropriate car insurance.
Position requires employee to maintain an in-office workstation, but may periodically perform some duties in an information secure home office with supervisor approval.
DIVISION OF DUTIES
Participant contact is @ 20% of duties with travel, data entry, and telephone work @ 20% of duties, and supervisory duties at 60%.