Sioux Falls Food Coop is a consumer-owned cooperative business that is managed by the people who shop with us. We pride ourselves on being the best place in Sioux Falls to find local produce and products. Currently, we looking for a Grocery Clerk to join our team!
As a Grocery Clerk, a typical day might include the following:
- Providing prompt, friendly service to all customers
- Stock shelves, receive orders, maintain organized backstock, properly label slacked and fresh items.
- Process online orders, bring pickup orders to customers vehicles.
- Answer all incoming phone calls to the grocery department and to the general co-op phone line.
- Accept and process special orders for the grocery department.
This position might be for you if:
- You want to be part of an amazing team that brings local food to your community every day
- You like a flexible schedule with above average compensation
- You are committed to providing superior customer service
- You are motivated and driven
- You are a positive role model to other employees as well as customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior retail, service, catering, restaurant, or co-op experience.
- Handles self in professional manner.
- Organized, attention to detail.
- Regular, predictable attendance; flexibility in scheduling.
- Ability to utilize technology (phones, computers, cash registers)
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full time employees which includes health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan with company match and gym membership.
** The Sioux Falls Food Co-op does require all new employees to be vaccinated or show proof of Covid -19 vaccination as a condition of employment**