Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Human Resource Generalist
The Sr. Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing future employees, processing new hire paperwork, completing employee verifications and background checks, and enforcing company policies and practices. The ideal candidate is willing to pitch in on all levels, as well as support and participate in HR initiatives.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Serve as a leader on the team, assisting junior members with day-to-day duties and questions
- Onboard new employees
- Update and maintain employee records and data
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Process and maintain e-Verify and I-9 documentation
- Run reports as needed for completion of tracking metrics and reporting on an as needed basis
- Assist employees in the interpretation and administration of policies and procedures
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Facilitate the interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- All other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- 5-7 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be able to handle and keep extremely sensitive information confidential
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people and people on all levels
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
General office physical demands which can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. The ability to sit for sustained periods of time. The ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity necessary to operate a keyboard and/or calculator.