Relationship Based Professional Development Specialist
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Exempt
(Open until filled)
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
For over 110 years Childhaven has been a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more community-based, and forming partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services (RAYS) and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children, families, and communities. By combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region.
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values are the compass we use to get us there. They guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. Values are the touchstones to chart and guide our behavior, and reflect our commitment to:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Going forward, we are embarking on a new and very ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening partnerships with other community-based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities. In so doing, we are opening doors to a host of new roles and opportunities within the organization. And that’s where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven has an exciting opportunity to join our ECLIPSE team as a Relationship Based Professional Development (RBPD) Specialist. The RBPD Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Early Learning and Home Visiting and provide Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) support to the ECLIPSE service providers as well as other Childhaven program teams.
ECLIPSE is a comprehensive therapeutic early learning support program that utilizes an IECMH lens to provide supports to young children and their families. The ECLIPSE program primarily works with children in ECEAP and Head Start programs in King County. This innovative program is designed to create better outcomes for young children, to build child and family relational capacity and give early learning providers additional mental health supports. The RBPD Specialist strengthens and supports the social and emotional well-being of ECLIPSE staff, families and children by leading the integration of infant/early childhood mental health principles and trauma-informed care through reflective practice with ECLIPSE service providers.
Typical duties include:
- Establish a monthly reflective supervision schedule with approximately 22 ECLIPSE service providers as well as clinical supervision as needed.
- Provide ongoing reflective supervision to ECLIPSE service providers, and other Childhaven staff as needed, including Childhaven’s Cherish ESIT team
- Collaborate with Senior Directors to develop and conduct IECMH focused trainings for ECLIPSE team and sometimes other Childhaven staff teams.
- Conduct needs assessments across programs, in collaboration with Program Leaders to develop focused trainings or identity and recommend external resources.
- Collaborate with Sr. Directors to expand IECMH capacity in ECLIPSE and various Childhaven teams.
- Utilize reflective supervision to support professional growth and quality client care and interactions in ECLIPSE.
- Remain current with professional development requirements through seminars.
- Comply with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development opportunities regarding anti-racism, oppression, and cultural humility/curiosity and regularly assess own performance and program for related improvements.
- Participate in ongoing job-related professional development, in-service trainings and continuing education.
- Participate in regular administrative, clinical and reflective supervision with designated supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled team and related meetings.
- Contribute to federal, state, and local reporting requirements and reporting of child abuse.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, early childhood development, psychology, counseling or related field
- Valid Mental Health Counselor; Independent Clinical Social Worker; or Marriage & Therapist Certification/License
- Minimum 2 years post-masters IMH practice working on behalf of caregiver-infant relationship
- 2 years’ experience providing reflective supervision
- Experience developing and conducting needs assessments
- Experience developing and conducting staff trainings related to IECMH
- Endorsement by the Washington Association of Infant Mental Health (WA-AIMH) as an IMH Specialist or IMH Mentor or willingness to complete
- Previous experience working with young families within a diverse
- Knowledge of family support principles, parent-child interaction and child development.
- Bilingual candidate
Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, safe driving record and auto liability insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Open until filled. In addition to completing the application online, attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Those who fail to attach resume and cover letter may not be considered.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and to serve on our Racial Equity Team, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.