APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking qualified and career minded candidates for a Learning and Development Operations Manager position at our corporate headquarters in New Brighton, MN. The Learning and Development Manager is a critical member of the Talent Development Team and makes a significant impact on APi Group’s ability to achieve its Enduring Purpose of Building Great Leaders.
- Assists with execution and support of in-person courses and measures and tracks participant learning outcomes.
- Develops course support tools such as presentations, participant workbooks, assessments, job aids, etc.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and written, to influence peers and senior leaders.
- Acts as a liaison between Talent Development department and course facilitators.
- Operates and supports the conference room / audio visual technology.
- Plans and coordinates events for high profile learning opportunities.
- Highly engaged and present during leadership development opportunities and department events / initiatives.
- Leads the yearly in-person course planning process.
Department Projects/Improvement Initiatives:
- Point of contact for external vendors and contractors utilized by the department.
- Balance multiple projects with differing and aggressive timelines, deliverables, and expectations.
- Drive group projects forward by monitoring and communicating project progress.
- Creates and maintains Talent Development department budget.
- Supervises other Talent Development department support staff.
- Other assignments as requested and required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- A strong desire to positively influence the growth and success of others is essential.
- Strong organizational skills with a process-improvement mindset.
- Supervisory experience.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter; proactive and takes initiative.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Senses and responds quickly and with flexibility to changes in work, processes, and/or the environment.
- Knowledge of commonly used theory, concepts, practices, and technology within the learning and development field.
- Understanding of APi Group company structure and culture.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.