Controls Technician – Ideal candidate would be someone with a keen eye for details and good mechanical aptitude.
Automatic Controls is a leading full-service building automation based in Fenton, MO that offers its employees growth, advancement, and unlimited training opportunities! We are a growing company known for excellence in product quality and customer experience.
The Company: Automated Controls systems control and optimize energy consumption in commercial properties, such as schools, universities, hospitals, data centers, and office buildings. Our innovative, user friendly automation system combined with our industry leading customer service has served to sustain our reputation as a leader in the industry.
As an independent dealer, Automatic Controls is backed by Automated Logic’s industry-leading technology, while providing you with local, on the ground service.
For more information about Automatic Controls, please visit https://automaticcontrols.net/building-automation/.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Paid 100% by ACES
- Smart 529 Education
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- PTO/Paid Holidays
- OT Available
- Donation Matching
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Fuel Expenses
- Unlimited Training Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun and Collaborative Company Culture
- Growth Potential: History of Promoting from Within
The Controls Technician works independently and with other personnel to perform preventative, predictive, and routine electrical/controls tasks. He or she will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
What You Will Do:
- Keep updated on a projects schedule by regular job site visits and communication with the electrical subcontractor.
- Provide direction and answer field questions for our installing electrical subcontractors.
- Monitor electrical installation to ensure work is installed properly, per code and on schedule.
- Gather and deliver material to job site in a timely manner.
- Arrange to have programming and graphics done by ALC or create the programs and graphics.
- Startup, check out and commission projects. This includes point to point checkout during startup and verification that control programs and graphics operate as designed.
- During the warranty period assist with any service calls related to project.
- Respond to customer questions and service needs.
- Perform routine service inspections including point to point verification of building automation systems.
- Coordinate schedules with Project Managers to ensure customer service requests are completed for customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Plan and create a professional development plan in accordance with the Automatic Controls Skills Matrix. Increase proficiency to meet customer needs throughout career.
- Correct manual drawings for documentation department to update customer manuals of equipment.
- Be available for on call rotation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Knowledgeable of HVAC systems
- Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Mechanical or Electrical Degree is beneficial; 5 years of HVAC experience.
- Advanced computer and networking skills, and a working knowledge of the following programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, WebCTRL, EquipmentBuilder, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, Visio, Paintshop Pro, and Remote Administrator / Desktop.