Job Title: Tool Shop Assistant
Supervisor: Tool Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Last Updated: June 2022
MMC’s Construction Department operates a busy and productive fab shop at our Eden Prairie headquarters and we are looking for a Tool Shop Assistant. This position will support both our Tool Shop and our field employees.
- Assist with filling orders placed by field staff.
- Utilize our Tool Watch program to scan tools and equipment in and out of the shop.
- Handle and disseminate incoming packages and mail.
- Clean and test power tools as well as inspect tools per MMC’s company protocols.
- Driving Forklift
- Person lift
- Order picker
- Perform general office maintenance including but not limited to changing light bulbs, moving furniture, shoveling and salting sidewalks, painting floors, etc.
- Assist foremen with tool/hardware needs.
- Keep tool room and dock areas clean and organized (e.g. sweeping floors, emptying trash, etc.).
- Hours Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Qualifications and Experience:
- General knowledge of power tools and hand tools.
- Mechanically inclined.
- General knowledge of computers, specifically Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Good communication skills.
- Can do attitude.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug testing and background checks.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at high heights.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think is the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401(K) match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior