Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 900 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
The Senior Administrative Assistant (REG) will provide administrative support to the REG Senior Construction Manager including calendar and travel coordination, correspondence preparation and organizational duties.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provide administrative support to the Project Team
• Manage calendars
• Coordinate travel and meeting arrangements
• Reconcile credit card statements and prepare expense reports
• Analyze data and prepare related presentations
• Organize and maintain project files and records
Minimum Education & Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- 2-year degree in related field with at least five (5) years progressively responsible related experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Large project experience required
- Experience in the Industrial Construction Industry a plus
Mental & Physical Competencies Required to Perform Essential Functions:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must display flexibility, working in a fast-paced and changing work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail, maintaining confidentiality and discretion
• Work location is in Geismar, Louisiana
• Work is primarily sedentary, performed in an office setting
Equipment / Tools:
- Laptop computer
- Company issued cell phone
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*