Job Title: Estimator
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salary
Last Updated: February 2022
MMCs Estimators support our Project Managers by creating accurate, consistent, and timely estimates and budgets. In addition, they track results from completed projects on multiple levels to improve accuracy, provide stability checks, and budget information.
- Create accurate takeoffs, including but not limited to master plumbing, pipefitting, and sheet metal costs.
- Seek equipment and subcontractor proposals.
- Provide conceptual estimating utilizing historical data.
- Assist with maintaining MMC’s estimating system data.
- Obtain feedback from actual results and adjust estimate factors accordingly.
- Pursue cost savings approaches
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of mechanical and plumbing estimating experience with a complete understanding of HVAC & plumbing system components and installation methods with a proven track record estimating commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Design/Build experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of related estimating strategies and techniques.
- Proficiency in estimating software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications for HVAC and Plumbing work.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience providing superior customer service.
- Skilled at multitasking.
- Positive attitude
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think in the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior