Conti Civil is a fourth generation, privately owned construction leader specializing in infrastructure projects. Built on a 110+ year foundation of honesty and integrity, our company has grown and evolved with each generation to where we are today: a highly respected civil contractor for clients nationwide
We are known for our platform of outstanding project execution. Our track record of delivering high impact construction projects to our clients and our extraordinary commitment to our core values, employees, and communities where we work has been the foundation of our success and longevity. We strive to be the company of choice for our employees, clients, and stakeholders and have earned dozens of awards for project excellence, safety performance and as a best place to work.
To learn more about Conti Civil LLC visit www.conticivil.com
What we are looking for
We are looking for a crew chief for our NCDOT Hampstead Bypass Project in Hampstead, North Carolina. The Survey Crew Chief will manage field aspects of projects and work closely in collaboration with team.
- Perform construction layout such as for setting lines, the layout of concrete formwork, pile layout, earthwork cut and fill layout, as-building for the project
- Run and supervise a one- or two-team field crew
- Manage survey schedule and subcontractors
- Run calculations and volume analysis
- Prepare field notes, sketches and photos
- Collect and code data for topographic, utility, structural monitoring, boundary, wetlands, other types of surveys
- Utilize robotic total stations, optical/digital levels, and GPS
- Perform daily downloads of data collector files
- Adhere to company protocols for maintenance and upkeep of survey equipment and vehicles
- Must have 5+ years relevant experience.
- Must have working knowledge and be proficient with Trimble, GPS and robotic total stations
- Ability to travel and work on projects throughout North Carolina
- Drainage and utility layout and conflict resolution experience
- Complete bridge and girder layout and new road layout experience is a plus
- Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and team-player attitude
- Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify potential conflicts and issues
- Experience with NCDOT is preferred
What you need to know
- Competitive Wages
- Benefit package
- Growth Opportunities
Conti is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition