CF&T provides full-service high-grade turn-key installation of structural, site, and decorative concrete as well as full-service assistance with pump, place and finish throughout the greater Northern California area. CF&T is under the umbrella of Harbor Linx, a premier 100% employee-owned merger and acquisition company in the Bay Area. As part of the family of Harbor Linx companies, we are a growing company with diverse career opportunities, and we work in both the public and private market sectors. CF&T has a terrific team environment where we work hard and give our best every day for each other, for our clients, and for the communities we work and live in.
The Concrete Pump Dispatcher dispatches labor, concrete pumping equipment, hose and associated components to projects.
Vice-President, General Manager
Key Communication Partners
Vice-President, General Manager, Sales Manager, Shop Mechanic, Fuel & Lube Mechanic, Office Administrator, Human Resource Manager, Payroll, Safety and Training Manager
- Maintain a safety-first culture and actively participates in the “Safety Bucks”
- Report all employee and equipment accidents to the Safety and Training Manager in a timely
- Receive field communication for labor, concrete pumping equipment, hose and associated components needed on projects and assign and confirm those resources using dispatch
- Coordinate with 3rdparty Concrete Pump Rental firms for labor, concrete pumping equipment, hose and associated components as needed
- Maintain professional relationships with equipment rental companies with the goal of obtaining the best service at the best price for CF&T Concrete Pumping.
- Maintains positive working relationships with union dispatchers and business
- Document dispatch attempts for local hire and apprenticeship requests and communicate that information to the Certified Payroll
- Assist in the scheduling of equipment repairs based on urgency of the repair and priority of the field
- Provide a daily dispatch of pump locations to key communication
- Coordinate equipment moves and obtain necessary permits as required.
- Develop and maintain communication with the field supervision with the goal of keeping crew Forecast potential labor shortages.
- Process all field new hire orientations including filling new hire paperwork, drug testing and safety
- Bring any employee related issues to the immediate attention of the Human Resource Manager and/or Area Manager or General Superintendent as
- Foster a positive work environment; show respect and consideration to each and every past, present and potential employee of CF&T Concrete
- Demonstrate a customer service
- Assist with yard and warehouse projects as
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred plus 3-5 years’ experience in the coordination of labor, material, and equipment
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; Bi-lingual in Spanish
Mathematical Skills: basic math
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional variables
Computer Skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, construction scheduling software and the ability to learn and use a variety of computer programs and other technologies including “Pump Magic – Rapid Apps”; must be able to type 50 wpm
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: valid CA driver’s license and a clean driving record