LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental (reduced premium cost with participation in Wellness Program)
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Asphalt Paver Operator Responsibilities
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and advise the supervisor/shop of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required and ensure equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Read and understand field survey grades and elevations.
- Follow instructions from foreman, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
Asphalt Paver Operator Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history required.
- Road construction and paving experience or other commercial construction experience; thorough understanding of asphalt paving and roadway construction fundamentals; 1 year required.
- Work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Understand work directions and communicate with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance.
- Required to wear all safety PPE.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment.
- Assist with repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material.
- Lifting a variety of heavy objects on and off equipment.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Paving Operator
- Army- Horizontal Construction Engineer
- Navy- Construction Equipment Operator
- Marine Corps Engineer- Equipment Operator
- Air Force- Pavements and Construction Equipment
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.