Tarlton Corporation has served as a St. Louis-based general contracting and construction management firm since 1946. We have built strong ties to the region, excellent working relationships with a wide-ranging list of established and new clients, a commitment to project and workforce diversity, and a carefully laid foundation to promote continued growth. Tarlton is a Women's Business Enterprise as certified by the City of St. Louis, State of Missouri and Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
Tarlton is a closely held, client-driven corporation employing an average of 300 people. Our organizational structure is relatively flat so clients and personnel can benefit from continual access to our executives, who take an active role in all Tarlton operations.
Our range of preconstruction and construction services in the commercial, institutional, industrial, life sciences, healthcare and concrete markets is extensive. Tarlton works on projects diverse in scope and size, in both renovation and new construction.
Our philosophy is simple: Take care of the client first and treat others as we would like to be treated. No project is too large or too small if it’s work a client wants completed.
Join our team!
MAJOR GOALS AND PURPOSE
The Project Manager will assume overall responsibility for a profitable, well-constructed, safe project, completing in a timely manner. This individual is responsible for the development of subordinates and good client rapport, and will manage approximately $10 to $20 million dollars of revenue annually. (Volume depends on number of projects assigned.)
- Assume responsibility for project profitability.
- Review project proposal and pertinent documents with division estimators.
- Coordinate construction activities with the owner, subcontractors and Tarlton personnel.
- Compile the required documentation to support legal position if required.
- Determine the most cost-effective construction methods and use of personnel, material, equipment and subcontractors.
- Prepare invoice to owner as required.
- Prepare and update project schedule.
- Review and approve subcontractor selections and subsequent subcontractor invoicing.
- Prepare scopes for purchase orders and change orders to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and project status reports.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ensure that the project is completed in compliance with project documents and designated quality standards.
- Make binding decisions authorized by corporate policy.
- And various other duties that may be assigned by the company.
BEHAVIORAL TRAITS, ATTITUDES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have the ability to make good decisions based on good analysis of relative factors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to deal with difficult issues and job pressures.
- Must be self-motivated and have the skills to motivate others.
- Above average sociability to work within a team environment.
PREREQUISITES (i.e., Education, Experience)
- Engineering/architectural or construction management/technology degree is preferred.
- Must have good business/financial sense.
- Must have general and practical construction knowledge and experience.
- Must have management experience in accomplishing tasks through successful delegation of authority.
- Maintain current OSHA certificate.
- Maintain current Red Cross First Aid certificate.
- Great Company Culture!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental Vision, Life and LTD
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Auto Allowance
- Company Paid Cell Phone