Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Residential Sales and Estimator
The Residential Sales and Estimator position is responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with products or services as well as driving sales in correspondence with Western State Fire Protection’s annual sales goals.
- Prepare accurate and efficient cost estimates
- Maintain database of all Estimates generated. Revise estimates as pricing, specification, or design changes occur.
- Support the Project Management staff as required including project set up, sequencing/organization, scheduling with customer and subcontractor, and preparation of cost change estimates to achieve the desired result of actual project costs within estimated project budgets.
- Assist in procuring resources
- Assist in daily coordination of subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of service agreements by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of new systems, system modifications and upgrades by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and communicate effectively to educate the customer about WSFP capabilities
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan
- Develop and maintain new and existing customer relationships to ensure ORR meets or exceeds their expectations of a long term partner
- Support other WSFP Teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory
- Meet the key objectives of the annual commission plan
- 2 years prior experience in residential home construction estimating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or work experience in residential construction materials and subcontract cost estimating
- Knowledge of the Fire Protection industry as well as local and state building codes
- Ability to work Sage Estimating Extended program including defining all Assemblies, Items, and Budget costs that comprises an entire Division’s Plan Cost Analysis. Ability to identify all quantities needed from less sophisticated BIM model objects.
- Ability to run macros in Excel and input Estimating data
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close
- Viable local relationships with General Contractors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- A high degree of professionalism operating within the spirit of the values and culture of Western States Fire Protection
- Minimal travel required. Employee must own or lease a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage
- Ability to pass a post-offer drug screen and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor