APi Group is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager. This position performs complex technical activities related to the purchasing of goods and services in accordance with business strategy, company policy, and regulatory environment. Under limited direction, the procurement manager will research, evaluate, collaborate with stakeholders, set sourcing strategy, and negotiate purchasing programs for goods and services based on price, capability, and quality.
- Collaborates closely with senior level business partners to understand their priorities, strategies and challenges and assess/manage expectations and drive alignment on end-to-end category strategy.
- Earns the business partner’s respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor and Business Leader by demonstrating proven category expertise.
- Lead or participate in negotiations for contract extensions and renewals, renegotiation of prices, RFPs, transfers, etc.
- Drives strategy implementation to enhance efficiency, process and performance improvement and build foundations for trusted partnerships.
- Oversee management of business and financial issues (budget, annual scopes, staffing and annual contracts/addendums) and effectively develops relationships to meet the needs of the business.
- Provides strategic direction, with oversight over the sourcing (choosing vendors) and procurement (acquiring goods) process
- Provides specific expertise or experience in the procurement categories; background in buying goods and/or services, and/or managing vendor performance; understands and evaluates the market disruptions for their responsible categories
- Manages the company’s vendor relationships for the procurement category; lead systemic/global issue resolutions with suppliers while fostering successful programs, and long-term partnerships
- Work with minimal supervision to pro-actively reduce expenditures and to achieve or exceed targeted cost reductions for the assigned categories
- Work effectively with companies and segments to define local purchasing strategies and actions and ensure compliance to achieve TCO savings, risk management, value creation, and delivering on the operations needs for of the business
- Share and integrate best practices within and across the companies and segments
- Track and report savings
- Other assignments as requested and required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in supply chain management, finance, or business administration, or related training.
- Expertise and experience in (Assigned Procurement Categories)
- 5+ years procurement experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience with spend management software system is preferred.
- Understanding of economics, business analytics, accounting, operations management, logistics, purchasing management, and management information systems.
- Ability to communicate well in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel; estimated overnight travel is 10-20%.
Competencies and Skills:
- Sourcing, RF(x) expertise
- Contract negotiation
- Strong communications (written; presentation; oral) and relationship building skills
- Analytics, spend management, and project management skills
- Experience calculating and reporting savings
- Ability to indirectly influence and sell ideas
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Understanding of service level agreements
- Experience with indirect sourcing or management of indirect spend
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through excellent customer service and communication, both internally and externally.
- Expertise and experience in the assigned procurement categories
- Procurement program management and construction industry experience a plus.
- Procurement spend management system experience a plus.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Negotiations, customer service, managerial or team leadership experience.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.