LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Starting pay: $22 hr
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental (reduced premium cost with participation in Wellness Program)
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Shuttle Buggy Operator Responsibilities
- Discuss plans and goal for the day/ week with crew foreman and determine best method of getting assigned work completed safely, productively and in a timely manner.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and maintaining fluid levels on equipment.
- Communicates clearly with other crew members and work as a team in order to accomplish daily goals.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as shoveling, raking digging, spreading and leveling construction materials.
- Assist in traffic control such as the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
Shuttle Buggy Operator Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in DOT/ construction project work
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and/or CDL license with appropriate classification
- Willingness to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed
- Basic knowledge of state and local laws and regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA/ MSHA and other related safety regulations
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- 100% Field environment which includes travel between construction crews and projects
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies
- Walking, standing and driving for long periods of time
- Work may entail visits to multiple sites in which incumbent could be exposed to loud noise, dust, and odor
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Shuttle Buggy in Construction Industry
- Equipment Operator in the Construction Industry
- Army- Horizontal Construction Engineer
- Navy- Construction Equipment Operator
- Marine Corps Engineer- Equipment Operator
- Air Force- Pavements and Construction Equipment
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.