Geosyntec Consultants is a world leader in bringing innovative solutions to our clients’ most challenging problems. Geosyntec recently expanded our Australian operations to grow our company’s scope enhancing our ability to support clients regionally with local experts while increasing our access to our global network of technical leaders. Geosyntec is looking for technical experts to expand our already established practices in environmental auditing, land contamination assessment, hazardous ground gas management, remediation, human health risk assessments, water resources, sustainability and compliance litigation support.
If you a current Auditor Assistant or looking to become an Accredited Contaminated Site Auditor, Geosyntec has a great opportunity for you in our Sydney Australia office as an Audit Assistant on contaminated land audit projects. In this role you will be working in one of the leading audit practices in NSW under the guidance of experienced NSW EPA accredited Site Auditors. In addition to supporting complex, high-profile audits across a range of sectors, you will also have the opportunity to contribute and participate in a broad range of contaminated site assessments and innovative remediation solutions, expanding the breadth of your experience in this industry.
Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.au
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Site Auditors with contaminated land audit projects under the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 including:
- Review of environmental reports;
- Preparation of audit advice;
- Preparation of site audit reports;
- Conducting site inspections; and
- Participation in client meetings.
- Proposal and tender preparation;
- Project management, including planning, budgeting, financial management, scheduling, quality reviews, and Client communication; and
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other stakeholders.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals, technical experts and Site Auditors who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff management and mentoring tasks.
Geosyntec provides professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful, well-rounded consultants. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science or a related field. (required)
- Postgraduate qualifications. (preferred)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of environmental consulting experience in contaminated land; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Knowledge of State and National contaminated land guidance and regulations. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of client relationships. (preferred)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Experience in contaminated land auditing. (preferred)
- Experience in human health and ecological risk assessment, hydrogeology, vapour intrusion/hazardous ground gas. (preferred)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, managing multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and travelling to client sites as needed. (required)
- Valid NSW driver’s licence and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- Ability to work for any Australian employer required. Visa/Work Permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognised for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive employee benefits package, as well as flexible working arrangements.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geosyntec will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies