Geosyntec Consultants is a world leader in bringing innovative solutions to our clients’ most challenging problems. Geosyntec recently expanded our Australian operations to grow our company’s scope enhancing our ability to support clients regionally with local experts while increasing our access to our global network of technical leaders. Geosyntec is looking for technical experts to expand our already established practices in environmental auditing, land contamination assessment, hazardous ground gas management, remediation, human health risk assessments, water resources, sustainability and compliance litigation support.
If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, Geosyntec has a unique opportunity in our Sydney Australia office for an Environmental Compliance Auditor in providing support to the Independent Environmental Audit and Due Diligence practice areas. Our collaborative culture means you can contribute to innovative and challenging projects for a client base that includes a diverse mix of property, commercial, institutional and government clients.
Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.au
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting environmental compliance audits to meet state significant development/infrastructure projects, environmental protection licenses, or other requirements in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems. This will include:
- Preparation of audit programs and audit tables;
- Consultation with stakeholders;
- Conducting audit meetings;
- Conducting field and site audits; and
- Preparation of audit reports in accordance with relevant NSW Government guidelines
- Preparation and review of construction environmental management plans and subplans;
- Supporting projects involving due diligence requiring historical research and data-room reviews followed by the preparation of technical and red flag reports;
- Task and project management, including proposal preparation, planning, scheduling, budgeting and financial management, reporting, quality reviews and client liaison;
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other key stakeholders; and
- Assist in client development, marketing efforts and in the growth of the compliance practice area.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals, technical experts and other Auditors who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff management and mentoring tasks.
Geosyntec provides professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science or related field. (required)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years of environmental and compliance consulting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Familiarity with construction environmental management plans and sub plans. (preferred)
- Understanding of State legislation and Post Approval Requirements. (preferred)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Valid NSW driver’s licence and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- Ability to work for any Australian employer required. Visa/Work Permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognised for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive employee benefits package, as well as flexible working arrangements.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geosyntec will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies