We are growing and have great opportunities available for experienced HVAC and Plumbing service mechanics!
Acorn Plumbing & Heating (an affiliate of Armistead Mechanical) is seeking experienced heating, air conditioning and plumbing technicians to perform service and installation work in the residential construction market. This position is based out of Newburgh, NY. We are seeking a team player with three to five years of prior experience as a plumber or HVAC mechanic.
What We Offer:
- Excellent salary
- Complete benefits package including fully paid medical for employee and a generous company contribution to cover dependents
- Full-time, steady employment
- Company vehicle
- The opportunity to work with a great team of construction professionals!
Work involves the service and installation of residential plumbing, heating and cooling systems and equipment primarily in Orange, Sullivan and Dutchess counties in New York.
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. Regular work hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On-call time is also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems primarily in the residential and light commercial market.
- Maintain company vehicles, tools and equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Work smartly and safely in the field.
- Represent the company professionally.
- Availability for on-call rotation schedule.
- Timely receipt and submission of service ticket and other related information via iPad and smartphone.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in the installation of plumbing and HVAC fixtures and equipment for the residential market.
- Familiarity with required industry codes and regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and be able to pass a drug/alcohol test.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Must be able to work well individually and as part of a team.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate from a trade/vocational school plumbing program or other construction-related program is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour or other construction safety training is desirable or willingness to obtain.
- EPA Universal refrigerant handling card desirable or willingness to obtain.
- The physical ability to lift and carry tools, materials and equipment, climb ladders, and work in basements, ceilings, attics, and crawl spaces as required.