Ellis Fire Suppression is hiring for a full-time Outside Sales Professional! Our Sales leaders work in a team environment, driven by a shared passion for protecting people in our community and what they value most. No previous experience in fire protection is required, outside sales experience is a plus. Our comprehensive on-boarding and team selling approach will set you up for success!
Ellis Fire Suppression is located in North Billerica, MA with our work territory expanding into the Boston Metro Area, eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We have been serving our community for over 15 years and have experienced continued growth. We are seeking the right people to join us in reaching our next set of ambitious goals. At Ellis we focus on investing in and empowering our employees as leaders. That allows us to deliver innovative solutions and services, creating a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and ownership in decision making, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Ellis difference.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Ellis Outside Sales Professionals are customer-focused, results-drive, strong communicators with good organizational skills and value integrity.
- Support Ellis’s goal of 20% annual growth of our service/inspection business
- Establish contact with potential qualified buyers of inspection services by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Prepare and present effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety issues.
- Contribute to the pricing approach of inspection and service accounts.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales
- Develop caring and enduring customer relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Support other Ellis teams in their initiatives
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities.
- Continually develop your understanding of all Ellis pricing strategies, worksheets and contract
- Consistently evaluate if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers.”
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma / GED required
- Business development / marketing background a plus
- Sales experience related to the fire protection field and/or building services & maintenance contracts a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran