- Are you a Servant Leader?
- Do you love Technology and being the expert and the best at what you do?
- Do you love exceeding expectations?
- Do you love taking ownership of problems and projects seeing them through to completion?
- Do you want to improve every day personally and professionally?
- Do you want to be a part of a cohesive, family-like team that values your input and contributions?
- Do you love figuring out problems and how to make things work better?
- Do you have the ability to translate "IT" in a way customers will understand?
- Do you enjoy working with multiple systems?
- Are you customer-focused?
- Do you want to join us as an employee co-owner? (Employee Stock Ownership Plan
If yes, then read on!
For over seven decades, investor-owned utilities, municipalities, cooperatives, and others have entrusted their electrical construction and maintenance needs to Davis H. Elliot Company, Inc. (Elliot).
Elliot is a 100% employee-owned, full-service electrical contractor specializing in overhead and underground distribution, transmission, substations, lighting, traffic signaling, utility locating, and industrial/commercial services.
46Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Davis H. Elliot Company and specializes in IT services, consulting, Cyber Security, Audio / Video integration services, and other Technology related services. 46Solutions desires to fill a Systems Administrator position, which will focus on a single large client and lead the support team that handles the IT needs of this client. (1200+ users / 2000+ devices)
The Systems Administrator will work to apply the vision and direction of the leadership team of 46Solutions.
- Act as the primary systems administrator for a single client with offices in multiple states.
- Provide long-term solutions instead of quick fixes.
- Resolve tickets generated by monitoring tools or escalate to you from the support team.
- Coordinate and communicate with support technicians to complete remote and on-site work
- Perform on-site work installing, configuring, and troubleshooting equipment as needed to complete projects
- Manage change control process for client systems
- Provide consistent guidance and training to members of the team.
- Provide metrics and reporting for the effectiveness of systems.
- Evaluate additional monitoring, management, and security solutions.
- Constantly tweak and improve the effectiveness of our services.
- Meet personal and company goals.
- Continue learning and training on new technologies.
- Document work completed and system configurations - always maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Other duties as needed to support the team and the growth of the company
- Occasional travel is required for on-site work at multiple locations in multiple States.
- Primarily Monday to Friday in-office schedule (Lexington, KY).
- Occasional after-hour emergency response remote and return to the office (nights and weekends) are also required. The employee will need to live a reasonable distance from the Lexington office.
Experience / Knowledge
- Windows 10, Office365 Office applications, and other user application assistance
- Windows-based PC, Notebook, Tablets replacement and deployment
- Hardware diagnostics and parts replacement
- Printer support
- Active Directory password reset/assistance
- iPad / iPhone support, replacement, and deployment
- UPS diagnostics, replacement, and deployment
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Best Practices
- Office 365 Tenant Administration
- Azure Tenant Administration
- Cisco Networking and VOIP
- MS Office 2016-Current, MS Exchange (On-Prem and O365)
- Installation and administration of Windows Server 2012-2019, including Terminal Server and Active Directory (on-prem and Azure)
- Hyper-V / Azure Virtual Machines and VMWare VM configuration and administration
- General network knowledge, including IP addressing, Switching, Routing, Wi-Fi, and VOIP
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco WAN/LAN, switches, routers, gateways, and firewalls.
- In-depth working knowledge of ticketing, RMM tools, AV/EDR solutions, and other MSP tools.
- Experience with (or similar) Veeam, Datto, Articwolf, Sophos, Kaseya, and BCDR solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the team and clients - both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a speedy learner who loves to dig in and figure out how to achieve a result best.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and thorough.
- Possess the ability to put yourself in the client's shoes and understand the impact and urgency of the issue at hand.
- Must be able to work independently and manage your time and priorities.
- Must be security-minded and understand the security impact of changes or potential changes.
- Have or are willing to obtain and maintain certifications
- Aptitude and Appetite to excel as a long-term member of our team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Desire to grow and learn new skills and technologies
- Industry certifications are a plus
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 50 pounds
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- Complete initial and periodic background checks / pass pre-employment and random drug screening.
46Solutions continues to grow share in the Kentucky and surrounding market. Our professional approach to providing Enterprise-level IT services to large and small businesses in Lexington continues to receive a tremendous response. We believe in a fun work environment, growth opportunities, continuing education, a team approach, and most importantly, Servant Leadership. Some of the benefits we offer our team include
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident / Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance w/ additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (Retirement program)
- Paid Time Off
- Servant Leadership Training
- Educational and certification opportunities
- Cell Phone and monthly service
- All tools necessary to perform the job required
- Child College Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance program