Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Department: Finance / Accounting
Supervisor: Payroll Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salary
Last Updated: June 2022
MMC's Payroll Department is tasked with processing weekly in-house payroll for all MMC staff, union and non-union. As the Payroll Specialist, you will bring a superior level of expertise and strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of the process. This is an onsite position, with the possibility of becoming a hybrid role (1-2 days a week) in the future.
- Responsible for accurately processing in-house weekly union and non-union payroll (fluctuates between 350-650 employees)
- Keep database current.
- Utilize Excel to export data to prepare 401k submission, Union Reports, Certified Payroll Reports, and other ad hoc requests.
- Responsible for all federal and state payroll related taxes (some weekly, some monthly, and some quarterly).
- Verify unemployment
- Maintenance of earnings’ withholding orders & court ordered wage assignments
- Respond to employment verifications
- Process employee terminations and union layoffs ensuring timely payments
- Compile and electronically file annual Prevailing Wage information with MN DOLI
- Annual (generally) input of new wage rates and fringe benefit rates for each union
Qualifications and Experience:
- In-house payroll processing experience highly preferred
- Construction Union payroll experience preferred but not required
- Organized and efficient
- Attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Adaptable to ad hoc requests
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Independent, yet know when to ask for help
- Willingness to learn and grow, we will train on duties
- Works well on team with a willingness to step in and help others
Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
It’s what’s INSIDE that counts…
From immense construction projects that involve complex mechanical systems to custom service projects that require faster builds and reliable 24-hour service, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) is your single source solution.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, customer support and office staff.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to ensure the best experience for our clients, contractors and employees.
We Are Committed to Our Employees. At MMC, you are encouraged to:
- Make the decision you think is the right decision to make.
- Ask for help whenever you want it.
- Start something that needs to be started.
- Take time off to do something that inspires, excites and energizes you.
- Help others whenever you can.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior