Delta Fire Systems is a subsidiary of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP). WSFP and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Extinguisher Technician
The Extinguisher Technician is responsible for providing reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, repairing and/or replacing fire extinguishers as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers’ equipment.
- Must possess within 30 days of hire: Inspection/Trade License(s) or Certificate(s) of Registration for: 1.) Fire Extinguishers and 2.) Fire Suppression Systems
- Ideal candidate has cross training in all fire protection fields (fire alarm, clean agent/special hazards, fire extinguisher, fixed wet/dry chemical suppression systems, backflow prevention, fire sprinkler, emergency lighting) preferred
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Willing to comply with our safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a high stress and often dirty (dry chemical fire extinguisher agent, or inside manufacturing plants) environments
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of an iPad tablet
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
- Inspect and tag all extinguishers to ensure performance of equipment
- Work in compliance with the Delta Fire safety manual with safety of self and others in mind always
- Work with Project Leader, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Build and maintain relationships with customers. Up-sell all Delta Fire services to include SHAD, sprinkler installation and monitoring.
- Travel as required to job sites as directed by your foreman and/or other leaders.
- Inventory and maintain organization of materials on the job site.
- Meet responsibilities to the customer, fellow workers and Delta Fire by arriving on the job on time, ready to work, every day.
- Adhere to contractual starting and quitting times, including lunch and break periods. Personal cell phones will not be used during the workday except for designated break periods.
- Maintain accountability and respect tools provided by Delta Fire.
- Complete work at or below budgeted labor hours. Immediately inform your leaders of any delays or work stoppages.
- Respect the customer’s property. Dispose of all trash properly and be aware of your surroundings to avoid property damage.
- Understand and follow all customer, APi Group and Delta Fire safety and security policies and procedures.
- Obey all safe, reasonable and legitimate leadership directives.
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor